According to Earth911:
- a trillion sheets of paper are tossed within a day of being printed, equating to 90 million trees even if all that paper were 30% post-consumer recycled paper
- reducing the margins from 1.5-inches to 1-inch can save the average office worker 475 pages a year, even more if you can reduce your margins to 0.75-inch
Consider these three simple questions each time you prepare to click Control-P:
- Do I need to keep this for more than a few hours or days?
- Does this really require a paper copy, or can it stay on my hard drive?
- Has this already been printed by someone else?
Please consider the environment before printing this page.
And here's an idea of something to print on the back of that page you just printed and no longer need: a suggestion card to leave with your bill at your favorite restaurant to encourage them to "go green": http://www.dinegreen.com/images/suggestioncards.pdf